Re: Offending My Tender Sensibilities -OR- OLTP on a Star Schema

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Offending My Tender Sensibilities -OR- OLTP on a Star Schema
Дата
Re: Offending My Tender Sensibilities -OR- OLTP on a Star Schema  (Neil Tiffin <neilt@neiltiffin.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 7:51 AM, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> wrote:

> *) Do not consider any advice to implement exotic storage backend from
> someone that has not previously implemented that same technology on a
> similar scale on a previous project, ever.  Data of large scale is
> hard.  Installing magical tool X often besides not solving the problem
> gives you another difficult problem to solve.

Merlin, this reminds me of the quote from Mencken: For every complex
problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.