Re: Offending My Tender Sensibilities -OR- OLTP on a Star Schema

От Neil Tiffin
Тема Re: Offending My Tender Sensibilities -OR- OLTP on a Star Schema
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Feb 6, 2014, at 12:44 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:

> Merlin, this reminds me of the quote from Mencken: For every complex
> problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

Or as Niklaus Wirth said.

... complexity has and will maintain a strong fascination for many people.  It is true that we live in a complex world
andstrive to solve inherently complex problems, which often do require complex mechanisms.  However, this should not
diminishour desire for elegant solutions, which convince by their clarity and effectiveness. Simple, elegant solutions
aremore effective, but they are harder to find than complex ones, and they require more time, which we to often believe
tobe unaffordable. Communications of the ACM, Feb. 1985