Re: [GENERAL] Large data and slow queries

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Large data and slow queries
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 6:30 AM, Vick Khera <vivek@khera.org> wrote:
> I'm curious why you have so many partial indexes. Are you trying to make
> custom indexes per query? It seems to me you might want to consider making
> the indexes general, and remove the redundant ones (that have the same
> prefix list of indexed fields).
>
> Secondly your table is 102Gb. Clearly there's a lot of data here. How many
> rows does that take? I would further suggest that you partition this table
> such that there are no more than about 10 million rows per partition (I've
> done this by using a id % 100 computation). Maybe in your case it makes
> sense to partition it based on the "what" field, because it appears you are
> trying to do that with your partial indexes already.

I would think a two field index might be just as effective and not
require a lot of maintenance etc.

От: Rj Ewing
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] full text search on hstore or json with materialized view?
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] full text search on hstore or json with materialized view?