Re: [GENERAL] Large data and slow queries

От Samuel Williams
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Large data and slow queries
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Scott, Vick, the vast majority of the data is generic. But there are
some specific events we need to look up quickly which are probably
less than a few 100,000 records. We did evaluate partial indexes vs
full indexes. The partial index speeds up our specific queries
significantly while only taking a very small amount of space (often <
100MB, compared to a full index on the DB which is up around 20Gb at
the moment).