Re: revoked permissions on table still allows users to see table's structure

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: revoked permissions on table still allows users to see table's structure
Дата
Re: revoked permissions on table still allows users to see table's structure
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 6:08 PM, Juan Cuervo (Quality Telecom)
<juanrcuervo@quality-telecom.net> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I'm new to the list, but have a few years as postgres user. I want to share
> what I consider a rare behavior of postgresql regarding database object's
> premissions:
>
> I have noticed that there is no way (at least no one I know) to prevent a
> user from seeing the table's structures in a database.
>
> Is this a normal behavior of the product ?

Yep.  Completely normal.

> Is there a way to prevent a user from seeing my table's, procedure's and
> function's code ?

Don't let them connect to the db?  That's all I can think of.