Re: where is max_fsm_pages in PG9.0?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: where is max_fsm_pages in PG9.0?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 10:28 PM, Anibal David Acosta <aa@devshock.com> wrote:
> I have a lot of wasted bytes in some tables.
>
> Somewhere I read that maybe auto-vacuum can’t release space due to a low
> max_fsm_pages setting.

It's no longer there, as fsm was moved from memory (which was limited
by max fsm pages) to disk, which is limited by the size of your disks.

Most likely you aren't vacuuming aggresively enough.  Lower
autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay and raise autovacuum_vacuum_cost_limit,
and possibly raise max threads for vacuum works (forget the name)