Re: Replication mode

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Replication mode
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 6:10 PM, Azimuddin Mohammed <azimeiu@gmail.com> wrote:
> :-)
> Our fear is using open source  tools  for HA creates dependency and single
> point of failure(pgpool).

I fail to see how one is related to the other.

> Or say pacemaker which our enterprise do not
> recommend.

Why do your enterprise not recommend? Pacemaker paired with Corosync
is very capable. What do your enterprise recommend if not those two?
In fact they're very very good at eliminating single points of
failure. Pretty much seamless IP takeover etc.

> We are planning to use postgres to use for our hadoop metastore which is
> presently on Oracle.

Best of luck! Please let us know how it works.

I get the feeling there's some religious argument going on in the
background where you are about whether or not open source can do the
job etc. Let's hope postgresql gets the foot in the door eh?