Re: Best practise for upgrade of 24GB+ database

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Best practise for upgrade of 24GB+ database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 10:21 AM, Andreas Hasenack <panlinux@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 16:45, Nicholson, Brad (Toronto, ON, CA)
> <bnicholson@hp.com> wrote:
>> In the past I've used Slony to upgrade much larger database clusters than yours with minimal down time (I'm talking
secondsfor the actual master switch).  You set up a new replica on the new version and then move the master from old to
new. No need to explicitly resync afterwards.

> Would that work to upgrade from, say, 8.4 to 9.1? Using slony?

It should.  As long as both can support the same version of slony
you're good to go.