Re: CREATE SUBSCRIPTION not picking up .pgpass while psql does

От Kristjan Mustkivi
Тема Re: CREATE SUBSCRIPTION not picking up .pgpass while psql does
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Aug 31, 2022 at 4:07 PM hubert depesz lubaczewski
<depesz@depesz.com> wrote:

> How/where you provide it?
>
> Why would you assume that postgres (running from user postgres
> presumably) would look for pgpass in /root/.pgpass?
>
> postgres should have it in ~postgres/.pgpass
> with proper ownership.

Hi, depesz,

I use the dockerized version of Postgres (both old and new cases).

The docker-compose.yml file maps the .pgass file as volume (-
./v_pgpass:/root/.pgpass).

Inside the container the home is /root:
sudo docker exec -ti db bash
root@pg.newtest:/# cd ~
root@pg.newtest:~# pwd
/root
root@pg.newtest:~# ls -la .pgpass
-rw------- 1 postgres root 74 Aug 30 11:38 .pgpass

And as said, the psql utility has no problems finding the .pgass where
it is. If I lie to it about the pgpass location i.e by giving
passfile=/root/.pgpassx it will ask for password.

Why create subscription does not pick the .pgpass up like psql does, -
that is what I cannot figure out.

Cheers!
--
Kristjan Mustkivi

Email: kristjan.mustkivi@gmail.com

Сообщение: Re: CREATE SUBSCRIPTION not picking up .pgpass while psql does
Сообщение: Re: CREATE SUBSCRIPTION not picking up .pgpass while psql does