Re: CREATE SUBSCRIPTION not picking up .pgpass while psql does

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: CREATE SUBSCRIPTION not picking up .pgpass while psql does
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Aug 31, 2022 at 04:26:22PM +0300, Kristjan Mustkivi wrote:
> And as said, the psql utility has no problems finding the .pgass where
> it is. If I lie to it about the pgpass location i.e by giving
> passfile=/root/.pgpassx it will ask for password.

of course it doesn't have problem, because you run it as root.
put subscription is run by pg backend, which runs as postgres user, not
root!

also - no pg tool cares about "passfile" env variable, so it is just
ignored.

Best regards,

depesz

Сообщение: Re: CREATE SUBSCRIPTION not picking up .pgpass while psql does
Сообщение: Re: CREATE SUBSCRIPTION not picking up .pgpass while psql does