Re: showing weekdays of dates

От Csányi Pál
Тема Re: showing weekdays of dates
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 12:39 PM, Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@panix.com> wrote:
>> using sr pgdoc I searched for weekdays and though I found a few results I
>> couldn't parse from information provided how to get weekdays of dates to
>> populate a table in any fashion.  When I do more in depth analysis of
>> accumulating data sets, some of the analysis I'd like to do would be for
>> each of the seven weekdays during a period of time.  I ended up with a
>> script that does two date calls one for the iso date and the second for
>> weekday number and that script writes out the day's insert statement
>> correctly with the values it figures out and the values I supply.  The whole
>> system I have now is for health monitoring blood pressure and blood sugar
>> numbers and that's how my doctor gets my numbers for checking progress.  It
>> didn't take long to write, I like to improve it as I learn new things with
>> which I can improve it.
>
> Not completely following your question but perhaps to_char() function
> is what you need:
>
> ysanalysis=# select to_char(now(), 'Day');
>   to_char
> ───────────
>  Friday
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/functions-formatting.html

select to_char(date '2014-08-19','TMDay');

This gives the weekday name in locale that you have setup on your
operating system.

--
Regards from Pal

От: Ken Benson
Сообщение: Re: Join three tables and specify criteria... I know this should be easy!
Сообщение: Re: Join three tables and specify criteria... I know this should be easy!