Re: [HACKERS] Passing query string to workers

От Rafia Sabih
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Passing query string to workers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> There are some spacing issues in the code. For example,
> +       estate->es_queryString = (char
> *)palloc0(strlen(queryDesc->sourceText) + 1);
> +       /*Estimate space for query text. */
> pgindent might be helpful to track all such changes.

Fixed.

> +#define PARALLEL_KEY_QUERY_TEXT UINT64CONST(0xE000000000000010)
> I'm uncomfortable with declaring the same macro in two
> files(parallel.c, execParallel.c). My suggestion would be to move
> pgstat_report_activity in ParallelQueryMain instead of
> ParallelWorkerMain. Then, you can remove the macro definition from
> parallel.c. Thoughts?

Yes, I also don't see any need of defining it in parallel.c.  I think
she has kept to report it in pg_stat_activity, but I feel that code
can also be moved to execParallel.c.

Agree and fixed.

Another question is don't we need to set debug_query_string in worker?
In the updated version I am setting it in ParallelQueryMain.

Please find the attached file for the revised version.

--
Regards,
Rafia Sabih

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Should we cacheline align PGXACT?
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Parallel Index Scans