Re: [HACKERS] Re: Clarifying "server starting" messaging in pg_ctlstart without --wait

От Beena Emerson
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: Clarifying "server starting" messaging in pg_ctlstart without --wait
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 11:54 AM, Ryan Murphy <ryanfmurphy@gmail.com> wrote:
make installcheck-world:  tested, failed
Implements feature:       tested, passed
Spec compliant:           tested, passed
Documentation:            tested, passed

(Though I could not check "make installcheck-world" as passed because it failed 1 test, I think it basically SHOULD pass - see my comment below.)

Patch looks good to me and does what we talked about, and Docs seem clear and correct.

I was able to build Postgres and run pg_ctl and observe that it waited by default for the 'start' action, which addresses my original concern.

`make` and `make install` went fine, and `make check` did as well, but `make installcheck-world` said (after a while):

 1 of 55 tests failed.

I am sure you would get this error even without the patch.

--
Thank you,

Beena Emerson

Have a Great Day!