Re: [HACKERS] Proposal : For Auto-Prewarm.

От Beena Emerson
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Proposal : For Auto-Prewarm.
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Proposal : For Auto-Prewarm.  (Mithun Cy <mithun.cy@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

Thank you for the updated patch.

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 10:44 AM, Mithun Cy <mithun.cy@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi all,
Here is the new patch which fixes all of above comments, I changed the
design a bit now as below

What is it?
===========
A pair of bgwrokers one which automatically dumps buffer pool's block
info at a given interval and another which loads those block into
buffer pool when
the server restarts.

Are 2 workers required? This would reduce the number of workers to be launched by other  applications. Also with max_worker_processes = 2 and restart, the system crashes when the 2nd worker is not launched:
2017-02-07 11:36:39.132 IST [20573] LOG:  auto pg_prewarm load : number of buffers actually tried to load 64
2017-02-07 11:36:39.143 IST [18014] LOG:  worker process: auto pg_prewarm load (PID 20573) was terminated by signal 11: Segmentation fault

I think the document should also mention that an appropriate max_worker_processes should be set else the dump worker will not be launched at all.

--
Thank you,

Beena Emerson

Have a Great Day!