Re: Re: Upgrade from psql version 9.3 to 9.6.

От Keith Fiske
Тема Re: Re: Upgrade from psql version 9.3 to 9.6.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 1:29 PM SAMMY CRISWELL <Sammy_R_Criswell@raytheon.com> wrote:

Keith,

Thanks for this information. I have one other question. One of the old Db’s is going to change names on the new server (old is stash new will be Bitbucket). Can I the restore or migrate the old DB’s tables into the new bitbucket DB?

Thanks.

Sam

Yes. Normally a database has to exist first when using pg_restore to restore a dump. The -C is optional to have it created for you as part of the dump using its original name. Otherwise, it restores into the database you give it with the -d option. So just create that database first and pass it to -d.