[BUGS] ON COMMIT DROP unstable behaviour

От Ian R. Campbell
Тема [BUGS] ON COMMIT DROP unstable behaviour
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi

I'm using PG 10, pgAdmin 4, and PGMaestro 17.8.0.1.

I have a function that creates a temp table marked ON COMMIT DROP. The function performs read-only ops on the DB apart from using the temp table.

I observed the temp table sometimes fails to drop when executing the function. I am able to query its contents. Multiple calls to the function simply increases the temp table's contents.

I narrowed it down to the following scenario:

1) Remove the ON COMMIT DROP
2) Compile
3) Execute "SELECT * FROM func(1)"... temp table visible as expected
4) Put back the ON COMMIT DROP
5) Compile
6) Execute... temp table visible and grows with each call to the function

Dropping all connections to the DB, reconnecting, and executing the function (without modification) will result in expected behavior: temp table drops.

It's a bit complex to provide the function and tables, but I will if needed.

Best
Ian