Re: Dropping constraints on a table locks referenced table... why?

От Wells Oliver
Тема Re: Dropping constraints on a table locks referenced table... why?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Where can I see these triggers? They don't show under the PG Admin trigger tab of course, are they, I don't know, special triggers, stored elsewhere? Can I query an internal PG table?

Just trying to understand better...

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 11:57 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Wells Oliver <wells.oliver@gmail.com> writes:
> I have a table A which has an FK constraint referencing another table B.
> Dropping this FK constraint on A locks table B, as does trying to drop
> table A. Why is this?

There are triggers on both tables that have to be removed.

Сообщение: Re: Dropping constraints on a table locks referenced table... why?
Сообщение: Re: Dropping constraints on a table locks referenced table... why?