Re: Upgrading from 9.1 to 9.2 in place, same machine

От Wells Oliver
Тема Re: Upgrading from 9.1 to 9.2 in place, same machine
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
OK, cool. I did not want to be in a position where I stop the servers, pg_upgrade --link 9.1 to 9.2, then (eventually) pg_dropcluster of 9.1 and, woops, I killed all of my data files.

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 12:13 PM, ktm@rice.edu <ktm@rice.edu> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 12:02:06PM -0700, Wells Oliver wrote:
> Hard linking means that you must maintain 8.2's data directory though, even
> after upgrade, correct? Since it's a link and not a copied file.

I think it only hard links the files to the new 9.2 data directory so you
can delete the old data directory and the files will still be in the new
directory since the link count will be > 0.

Ken

--
Wells Oliver
wellsoliver@gmail.com

От: "ktm@rice.edu"
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading from 9.1 to 9.2 in place, same machine
От: Vincent Lau
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading from 9.1 to 9.2 in place, same machine