Re: effective_io_concurrency

От Wells Oliver
Тема Re: effective_io_concurrency
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Looks like it's indeed 1 with an empty string in the RDS parameter groups. Thanks all.

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 3:19 PM Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick@gmail.com> wrote:
2022年1月20日(木) 3:24 Wells Oliver <wells.oliver@gmail.com>:

> Understood: wanted to double check that an outright empty value would be understood by the server as 0, or otherwise.

In standard PostgreSQL, if the configuration for an integer parameter
is empty or an
empty string, an error will be raised:

postgres=# ALTER SYSTEM SET effective_io_concurrency = '';
ERROR:  invalid value for parameter "effective_io_concurrency": ""

RDS is not standard PostgreSQL though, so something else might be
going on there.

Does:

  SELECT * FROM pg_settings WHERE name = 'effective_io_concurrency'

show anything?

Regards

Ian Barwick

--