Partitioning on the date part of a timestamp & PK issues

От Wells Oliver
Тема Partitioning on the date part of a timestamp & PK issues
Дата
Re: Partitioning on the date part of a timestamp & PK issues  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Re: Partitioning on the date part of a timestamp & PK issues  (Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
I have a table like so:

CREATE TABLE t (
    guid uuid not null,
    seq smallint not null,
    tid smallint not null,
    ts timestamp without time zone not null,
    x real,
    y real,
    z real,
    primary key (guid, tid, seq)
) partition by range (extract(date from ts));

Which results in the error:

ERROR:  unsupported PRIMARY KEY constraint with partition key definition
DETAIL:  PRIMARY KEY constraints cannot be used when partition keys include expressions.

Is there a suitable way to get around this? I can make an additional date col in the table to use for the partition range, but given the amount of data we will have, I am trying to be cognizant of storage concerns.

The PK is the PK, so I'm not sure what options I have there.

Thanks.