Re: Setting effective_cache_size in integer form with the 8kb block units

От Wells Oliver
Тема Re: Setting effective_cache_size in integer form with the 8kb block units
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks all, good to know. Again, apologies for being daft!

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 2:21 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 2:57 PM Wells Oliver <wells.oliver@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It does. In a cruel twist of fate, RDS parameter groups do not allow
>> "48GB" and want integer values.

> The system operates and calculates memory in binary per the referenced
> documentation so 6,291,456 (I double-checked this).

If you don't trust hand arithmetic, try

regression=# set effective_cache_size to '48GB';
SET
regression=# select setting from pg_settings where name = 'effective_cache_size';
 setting
---------
 6291456
(1 row)