Re: Could not startup new database - Oracle to Postgres Migration error.

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: Could not startup new database - Oracle to Postgres Migration error.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 4:46 PM Pansara, Jiten
<Jiten.Pansara@fisglobal.com> wrote:

> I was following Ora2Pg : Migrates Oracle to PostgreSQL (darold.net) to migrate the db and am stuck when trying to
executebelow command.

> perl -MCPAN -e 'install DBD::Pg'

It would be better to send the error in plain text rather than a
picture.  It looks like the DBD::Pg install script tries to start a
postgres instance, which failed in your case.

However, I think that strawberry perl already ships DBD::Pg, or at
least the version shipped by chocolatey
(https://community.chocolatey.org/packages/StrawberryPerl).  Can you
check if that's your case?

perl -e "use DBD::Pg"

if no error is shown then the module is already installed.