Re: /usr/local/pgsql is empty after successful of make

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: /usr/local/pgsql is empty after successful of make
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

On Mon, Aug 7, 2023 at 12:00 AM Aramaki Zyake <zyake.mk4@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a general question about PostgreSQL.
> Yeasterday, I tried to build PostgreSQL from source code and the make command succeeded, but /usr/local/pgsql
directorywas empty even owner of pgsql was postgres user.

> I invoked following commands by postgres user.
>
> CFLAGS=-O0 ./configure --enable-debug
> make  -j 2 > make.log
> [...]
> As far as I remember, these commands/arguments were sufficient to move built artifacts into /usr/local/pgsql in the
past.

I don't think it ever behaved that way, but I might be wrong.

> What should I do to move built artifacts into /usr/local/pgsql?

the default (all) target only compiles artifacts, you need to invoke
"make install" to copy the various artifacts in the location specified
during configure (or default location), as documented in step 4 of
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/install-procedure.html.

От: Aramaki Zyake
Сообщение: /usr/local/pgsql is empty after successful of make
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: /usr/local/pgsql is empty after successful of make