Re: Replace uses of deprecated Python module distutils.sysconfig

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: Replace uses of deprecated Python module distutils.sysconfig
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Sorry I somehow missed that email.

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 7:53 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Now, most of those are BSD machines --- but lapwing isn't.
> It says
>
> checking for python... (cached) /usr/bin/python
> configure: using python 3.6.9 (default, Jan 14 2022, 06:45:55)
> checking for Python distutils module... yes
> checking Python configuration directory... /usr/local/lib/python3.6/config-3.6m-i386-linux-gnu
> checking Python include directories... -I/usr/local/include/python3.6m
> checking how to link an embedded Python application... -L/usr/local/lib -lpython3.6m -lpthread -ldl  -lutil -lrt -lm
>
> Not sure what to make of that --- maybe that's a handmade build?

Yes it is.  Lapwing is a vanilla debian 7, and the backports only
offers python 3.2.  So in anticipiation to the switch to meson I
compiled the latest python 3.6, as it's supposed to be the oldest
supported version.