Re: add missing errdetail for xlogreader allocation failure error

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: add missing errdetail for xlogreader allocation failure error
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Le lun. 22 nov. 2021 à 19:58, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> a écrit :
> On 19 Nov 2021, at 04:59, Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems like some of the XLogReaderAllocate failure check errors are
> not having errdetail "Failed while allocating a WAL reading
> processor." but just the errmsg "out of memory". The "out of memory"
> message without the errdetail is too generic and let's add it for
> consistency and readability of the message in the server logs.
>
> Here's a tiny patch. Thoughts?

No objections.  There are quite a few more "out of memory" errors without
errdetail but that doesn't mean we can't move the needle with these.

+1, it's often annoying to find out which code path actually raised that error so this would be quite handy.