Re: pgsql: Merge catalog/pg_foo_fn.h headers back into pg_foo.h headers.

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: pgsql: Merge catalog/pg_foo_fn.h headers back into pg_foo.h headers.
Дата
Re: pgsql: Merge catalog/pg_foo_fn.h headers back into pg_foo.h headers.  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 10:46 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> After further contemplation I decided that that was, in fact, the only
> reasonable way to improve matters.  If we have multiple subdirectories
> independently firing the "make generated-headers" action, then we have
> parallel make hazards of just the same sort I was trying to prevent.
> So it's really an all-or-nothing proposition.  The MAKELEVEL hack
> plus wiring the prerequisite into the recursion rules is the best way
> to make that happen.
>
> Hence, done that way.

Compilation of external extensions using PGXS appears to be broken
since this commit:

make[1]: *** /tmp/pgbuild/lib/postgresql/pgxs/src/makefiles/../../src/backend:
No such file or directory.  Stop.
make: *** [/tmp/pgbuild/lib/postgresql/pgxs/src/makefiles/../../src/Makefile.global:370:
submake-generated-headers] Error 2

I think the best fix if to define NO_GENERATED_HEADERS in pgxs.mk,
patch attached.

Вложения