Re: pgsql: Merge catalog/pg_foo_fn.h headers back into pg_foo.h headers.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Merge catalog/pg_foo_fn.h headers back into pg_foo.h headers.
Дата
Re: pgsql: Merge catalog/pg_foo_fn.h headers back into pg_foo.h headers.  (Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> writes:
>> That takes care of the problem from the root of the directory, but when
>> doing the same from src/bin/ then the same issue shows up even if
>> src/Makefile is patched to handle install targets.

> Hm.  Not sure how far we want to go in that direction.  It's never really
> been the case that you could configure a maintainer-clean tree and then
> go and build in any random subdirectory without taking care of the
> generated headers.  In principle, we could do something like the hack
> Peter did with temp-install, where it's basically forced to be a
> prerequisite of "make check" in EVERY subdirectory and then we buy back
> some of the inefficiency by making it a no-op in child make runs.  Not
> sure that's a good thing though.

After further contemplation I decided that that was, in fact, the only
reasonable way to improve matters.  If we have multiple subdirectories
independently firing the "make generated-headers" action, then we have
parallel make hazards of just the same sort I was trying to prevent.
So it's really an all-or-nothing proposition.  The MAKELEVEL hack
plus wiring the prerequisite into the recursion rules is the best way
to make that happen.

Hence, done that way.

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL's handling of fsync() errors is unsafe and risks data loss at least on XFS
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL's handling of fsync() errors is unsafe and risks data loss at least on XFS