Re: Checksum errors in pg_stat_database

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: Checksum errors in pg_stat_database
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 11:31 AM Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

>> > A split per database or per tablespace is I think a very good thing.
>> > This helps in tracking down which partitions have gone crazy, and a
>> > single global counter does not allow that.
>>
>> Indeed, a per-tablespace would be much more convenient to track the
>> problem down at the physical level, but we don't have the required
>> infrastructure for that yet, and it seems quite late to add it now.
>> IMHO, a per-database has also some value, as it can help to track down
>> issues at the application level.
>>
>> Maybe we could add a new column to the view (for instance "source")
>> which would always be 'database', and we could later add
>> per-tablespace counters, keeping the view compatibility.
>

> Ugh.
>
> If we wanted per tablespace counters, shouldn't we have a pg_stat_tablespace instead? So we'd have a checksum
failurescounter in pg_state_database separated by database, and one in pg_stat_tablespace separated by tablespace?
(Alongwith probably a bunch of other entries for tablespaces)

But there's still the problem of reporting errors on shared relation,
so pg_stat_database doesn't really fit for that.  If we go with a
checksum centric view, it'd be strange to have some of the counters in
another view.

От: "Liu, Huailing"
Сообщение: fix memory overflow in ecpg preproc module
От: "Liu, Huailing"
Сообщение: fix the spelling mistakes of comments