Re: Vacuum and analyze for objects on physical stand by dbs

От obi reddy
Тема Re: Vacuum and analyze for objects on physical stand by dbs
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Teja,

Not required to run separately in standby node,
If we run in master node , automatically it will effect in the slave also.are you using vacuum or vacuum full?

Thanks & Regards
Obireddy.G

On Sat, 18 Feb 2023, 07:58 Tom Lane, <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Teja Jakkidi <teja.jakkidi05@gmail.com> writes:
> I have an environment with 1 primary and 2 physical stand by instances. We have manually analyzed/ vacuumed tables on primary db recently. Later when we checked analyze, vacuum on stand by dbs in pg_stat_user_tables it returns null. Will vacuum/ analyze do not replicate to stand by instances?? Do we have to run separately on all the Stand by instances??

The data changes will propagate, but those action counters are just
maintained locally to the primary server.  Their values on a hot
standby are meaningless, probably always zero, because a standby
*can't* change the data on its own.