Re: Uber migrated from Postgres to MySQL

От Jason Dusek
Тема Re: Uber migrated from Postgres to MySQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
With regards to write amplification, it makes me think about about OIDs. Used to be, every row had an OID and that OID persisted across row versions.

Would reintroducing such a feature address some of Uber's concerns about multiple indexes? It could, and would do so without the implicit requirement of a foreign key; but it would also require a fast OID to CTID mapping.