Re: Uber migrated from Postgres to MySQL

От James Keener
Тема Re: Uber migrated from Postgres to MySQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
So, millions is a lot, but it's not difficult to get to a place where
you have thousands or tables.

Image a case in which census data and the associated geometries.
https://github.com/censusreporter/census-postgres has 22 surveys, each
with 230+ tables. That's 5000+ tables right there.  Now, the TIGER
tables for all of that is another 50 tables per year, so another 350
tables.

If these were to be partitioned by state, instead of all records for
all states in a single table, then we're looking at 270,000.

Jim