Re: RAID Controller (HP P400) beat by SW-RAID?

От Anthony Presley
Тема Re: RAID Controller (HP P400) beat by SW-RAID?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 1:22 AM, Arjen van der Meijden <acmmailing@tweakers.net> wrote:

On 12-9-2011 0:44 Anthony Presley wrote:
A few weeks back, we purchased two refurb'd HP DL360's G5's, and were
hoping to set them up with PG 9.0.2, running replicated.  These machines
have (2) 5410 Xeon's, 36GB of RAM, (6) 10k SAS drives, and are using the
HP SA P400i with 512MB of BBWC.  PG is running on an ext4 (noatime)
partition, and they drives configured as RAID 1+0 (seems with this
controller, I cannot do JBOD).

If you really want a JBOD-setup, you can try a RAID0 for each available disk, i.e. in your case 6 separate RAID0's. That's how we configured our Dell H700 - which doesn't offer JBOD as well - for ZFS.

That's a pretty good idea ... I'll try that on our second server today.  In the meantime, after tweaking it a bit, we were able to get (with iozone):

OldNew
Initial write
75.85220.68
Rewrite
63.95253.07
Read
45.04171.35
Re-read
452405.23
Random read
27.561733.46
Random write
50.7239.47

Not as fas as I'd like, but faster than the old disks, for sure.

--
Anthony