Re: Migrated from 8.3 to 9.0 - need to update config (re-post)

От Carlo Stonebanks
Тема Re: Migrated from 8.3 to 9.0 - need to update config (re-post)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

Ok, connection pooler it is. As I understand it, even if there are no idle connections available we'll get the benefit of putting a turnstile on the butcher's door.

I also ordered the book as soon as you mentioned - the title alone was enough to sell me on it! The book won't be for the errant sys admin who increased the connections, it's for me - I'll use it to whack the sys admin on the head. Thanks fo rthe tip, the author owes you a beer - as do I.

Will the book recommend any particular connection pooler product, or is it inappropriate to ask for a recommendation on the forum?

Carlo