Re: pg_getnameinfo_all() failed: Temporary failure in name resolution

От Ron Johnson
Тема Re: pg_getnameinfo_all() failed: Temporary failure in name resolution
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Nov 24, 2023 at 4:26 PM David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
On Friday, November 24, 2023, Ron Johnson <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:

The second "way" sounds interesting, but what is it filled with?

What does it matter?  It’s an internal detail that apparently gets exposed as [unknown] appearing in your log file where the client ip address would normally be.

Because I'd hope that the log file would tell me the errant host name.

I added "log_hostname = on" to postgresql.conf earlier in the day.  When I commented that out, the errors stopped happening.

This makes sense.

But is not explanatory.  I want to see host names in the log file when possible, not just IP addresses.

In pg_hba.conf. all application servers are either IP addresses, or names that are explicitly defined in /etc/hosts.

Сообщение: Re: replication primary writting infinite number of WAL files
Сообщение: Re: replication primary writting infinite number of WAL files