Re: pg_getnameinfo_all() failed: Temporary failure in name resolution

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: pg_getnameinfo_all() failed: Temporary failure in name resolution
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Friday, November 24, 2023, Ron Johnson <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:

The second "way" sounds interesting, but what is it filled with?

What does it matter?  It’s an internal detail that apparently gets exposed as [unknown] appearing in your log file where the client ip address would normally be.

I added "log_hostname = on" to postgresql.conf earlier in the day.  When I commented that out, the errors stopped happening.

This makes sense.

David J.