Re: Request for feature: VACUUM FULL updates pg_stat_all_tables.last_vacuum

От Ron Johnson
Тема Re: Request for feature: VACUUM FULL updates pg_stat_all_tables.last_vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, May 9, 2024 at 10:07 AM David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, May 9, 2024 at 6:58 AM Ron Johnson <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm not wedded to the name RECREATE TABLE, but am wedded to the fact that VACUUM FULL is a horrible name for what it does.

I think there is general agreement here but your cure is arguably worse than the disease.

Why?  RECREATE TABLE says exactly what it does: recreates the table, and doesn't pretend to do something it doesn't do (vacuum the table).

Like I said, though, I'm not wedded to the name RECREATE TABLE.

A more realistic option would be to at least put "VACUUM FULL" into its own section of the documentation instead of having FULL be an optional modifier to the normal VACUUM command.

That would certainly be easier and faster.  But still say VACUUM.

Are there other spots in the documentation that misrepresent the situation to our readers?

That's distracting from the question at hand.

Сообщение: Re: Request for feature: VACUUM FULL updates pg_stat_all_tables.last_vacuum
Сообщение: Re: Request for feature: VACUUM FULL updates pg_stat_all_tables.last_vacuum