Re: Feature #5370 User should be able to set the binary path for each database server

От Akshay Joshi
Тема Re: Feature #5370 User should be able to set the binary path for each database server
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 1:01 PM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi Akshay,

On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 8:03 AM Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Dave/Hackers

    As per your suggestion, I have created a new Backform control "BinaryPathsGridControl" and two new BackgridCell (BackgridRadioCell and BackgridSelectFileCell). Please refer to the screenshot below:
                                     Binary_Path.png

   Are the above changes look good to you? The radio button will only be enabled when there is a path. Added validate button which will validate the Utilities (pg_dump, pg_dumpall, ...)

Nice! Just a couple of comments:

- I assume the browse button is removed in server mode as discussed? Maybe we should add a config.py option to allow that behaviour to be overridden if the admin doesn't care about sandboxing?

     Yes, will take care that in server mode browse button should not be visible. if the config option "ENABLE_FILE_BROWSING" is set to true then only the browse button will be enabled in server mode.

- I think we need some hint text. How about something like:

Enter the directory in which the psql, pg_dump, pg_dumpall, and pg_restore utilities can be found for the corresponding database server version. The default path will be used for server versions that do not have a path specified.

    I have added the hint in two ways, please refer to the screenshots below and let me know your prefered one.
         Screenshot 2021-05-21 at 2.16.57 PM.png.        Screenshot 2021-05-21 at 2.23.50 PM.png

Thanks & Regards
Akshay Joshi
pgAdmin Hacker | Principal Software Architect
EDB Postgres
Mobile: +91 976-788-8246

Вложения