Re: Feature #5370 User should be able to set the binary path for each database server

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Feature #5370 User should be able to set the binary path for each database server
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Akshay,

On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 8:03 AM Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Dave/Hackers

    As per your suggestion, I have created a new Backform control "BinaryPathsGridControl" and two new BackgridCell (BackgridRadioCell and BackgridSelectFileCell). Please refer to the screenshot below:
                                     Binary_Path.png

   Are the above changes look good to you? The radio button will only be enabled when there is a path. Added validate button which will validate the Utilities (pg_dump, pg_dumpall, ...)

Nice! Just a couple of comments:

- I assume the browse button is removed in server mode as discussed? Maybe we should add a config.py option to allow that behaviour to be overridden if the admin doesn't care about sandboxing?

- I think we need some hint text. How about something like:

Enter the directory in which the psql, pg_dump, pg_dumpall, and pg_restore utilities can be found for the corresponding database server version. The default path will be used for server versions that do not have a path specified.

--
Вложения