Re: Valid until

От Muhammad Imtiaz
Тема Re: Valid until
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,
What is the outcome of this query for the specified user? Does the database contain a value in the rolvaliduntil column?
 SELECT rolname, rolvaliduntil FROM pg_authid;
Regards,
M.Imtiaz

On Tue, 14 May 2024 at 20:45, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On 5/14/24 00:57, Rama Krishnan wrote:
>> I recently set a user's password validity to "2024-05-13", but despite
>> this, the user is still able to connect to the database. Is this a bug,
>> or is the "valid until" parameter just for identification purposes,
>> indicating when the password will expire?

>      The VALID UNTIL clause sets a date and time after which the role's
> password is no longer valid. If this clause is omitted the password will
> be valid for all time.

The important point there is that the *password* is not usable after
the specified date.  If the user logs in via some non-password-based
authentication method, that's fine (and it's on the infrastructure
of that auth method to enforce whatever restrictions it thinks are
appropriate).