Re: unsubscribe

От Ryan
Тема Re: unsubscribe
Дата
Список pgsql-general
.Hmm, yes, indeed. I tried to login to that site with my listserv account credentials, and that got me nowhere either.

Also, I just checked this message too. Downloaded the raw message including headers. Search in text editor for string "List-Unsubscribe" and anything at all like it comes up with only the text you wrote in your email, Tom. I'm definitely not getting it... I thought maybe I had set these messages to forward through my work email account, but I just verified that there is no forwarding. I subscribed under the address at which I'm reading them.

Ryan

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 11:07 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Danyelle Davis <ladynikon@gmail.com> writes:
> https://lists.postgresql.org/manage/

But note that that's only going to help if you've set up a "PG community
account", which up to now nobody has needed unless they wanted to edit
our wiki or work in our commitfest app, so it's a good bet that most
subscribers to our lists haven't got one.  The List-Unsubscribe link
is supposed to work without needing a community account.  It disturbs
me that Ryan says he's not seeing one in traffic from the list.
I certainly am getting one in all the mail I get from the new server.

I wonder whether there are complicating factors Ryan hasn't mentioned,
like maybe his traffic is getting forwarded from some other account
on some other email provider.  If so, maybe the List-Unsubscribe
header is getting dropped in forwarding?  That's a reach, but it's
hard to explain otherwise.