Re: no pg_hba.conf entry for replication connection from host

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: no pg_hba.conf entry for replication connection from host
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Three things:
1.
0.0.0.0 has the specific meaning "unspecified". So you really should
enter the specific ip address for the slave in the master pg_hba.conf.

2.
Is  ${REP_USER} defined on BOTH master & slave?
IS  ${REP_USER} defined as a valid user that can login in the database?

3.
I do not know of any case where I've seen a variable in a pg_hba.conf,
nor is it defined as a valid option in the documentation. You should
specify the replication user directly, which is usually postgres.

eg:
host    replication     postgres      999.1.1.1/32               md5

note: replace 999.1.1.1/32 with actual ip of slave.
After you have made changes:
in psql
SELECT pg_reload_conf();

Then check the postgres log on the master to verify connectcion.

--
*Melvin Davidson*
I reserve the right to fantasize.  Whether or not you