Re: no pg_hba.conf entry for replication connection from host

От Volkan Unsal
Тема Re: no pg_hba.conf entry for replication connection from host
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Melvin,

0.0.0.0 has the specific meaning "unspecified". So you really should
enter the specific ip address for the slave in the master pg_hba.conf.

I tried this, but I am getting this error when I do that:

  FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for replication connection from host "104.131.66.183", user "rep", SSL off
  DETAIL:  Could not resolve client IP address to a host name: Name or service not known.

Is  ${REP_USER} defined on BOTH master & slave?
IS  ${REP_USER} defined as a valid user that can login in the database?

Yes, the variables are defined in the environment for both master and slave. These variables are passed through a preprocessor and replaced with their actual values. But the REP_USER only exists in the master database.

--
Volkan Unsal
web and mobile development

Сообщение: Re: no pg_hba.conf entry for replication connection from host
Сообщение: Re: no pg_hba.conf entry for replication connection from host