Re: error messages not getting logged when running script from cron

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: error messages not getting logged when running script from cron
Дата
Список pgsql-general
You could also try tweaking the following attached backup script.
Caution, I wrote this quickly from a skeleton script and has not been tested.

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 3:21 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
anj patnaik <patna73@gmail.com> writes:
> My cron tab entry:

> 0 20 * * * db_backup.sh 1> /dev/null 2>&1 | mail -s "backup cron"
> myemail@comp.com

> I am re-directing stderr to stdout and then sending that to email.

Uh, read it again: you're redirecting stdout to /dev/null and then
redirecting stderr to go where stdout goes.  So all output is
going to the bit bucket, not the pipe.