Re: error messages not getting logged when running script from cron

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: error messages not getting logged when running script from cron
Дата
Re: error messages not getting logged when running script from cron  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
Список pgsql-general
anj patnaik <patna73@gmail.com> writes:
> My cron tab entry:

> 0 20 * * * db_backup.sh 1> /dev/null 2>&1 | mail -s "backup cron"
> myemail@comp.com

> I am re-directing stderr to stdout and then sending that to email.

Uh, read it again: you're redirecting stdout to /dev/null and then
redirecting stderr to go where stdout goes.  So all output is
going to the bit bucket, not the pipe.

Сообщение: Re: error messages not getting logged when running script from cron
Сообщение: Re: error messages not getting logged when running script from cron