Add relcreated (timestamp) column to pg_class catalog to record the time an object was created

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Add relcreated (timestamp) column to pg_class catalog to record the time an object was created
Дата
Re: Add relcreated (timestamp) column to pg_class catalog to record the time an object was created  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
I am a bit confused. If this is the correct list for enhancement requests, then why is that not explicitly stated in the list description? Then again, none of the list descriptions mention they are are the correct ones for enhancement requests. However, Customer Feedback ( https://postgresql.uservoice.com/forums/21853-general ) does seem to indicate it and give positive results.
That being said, I would like to put forth a very simple enhancement request.

Add relcreated (timestamp) column to pg_class catalog to record the time an object was created.

Adding relcreated column to pg_class would facilitate auditing of when objects are created. In addition, it would also facilitate the dropping of objects that have exceeded a certain age. EG: SELECT 'DELETE TABLE ' || relname || ';' FROM pg_class WHERE relkind = 'r' AND relcreated > current_timestamp - INTERVAL ' 1 year';

There are those whom have argued that this would create a problem with table restore from pg_dump, but it does not. Simply make it an attribute of CREATE TABLE. The only requirement would be to insure that the date cannot be a future date.

--
Melvin Davidson