Re: Problems with triggers and table lock

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: Problems with triggers and table lock
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 4:39 PM, Job <Job@colliniconsulting.it> wrote:
Dear guys,

we are using Postgresql 9.6.1 with Rubyrep in order to replicate some tables across two different, and remote, database servers.
Since few weeks sometimes when inserting/updating some rows, the statement remains waiting and table seems locked for insert/updates.

When i issue "select * from pg_stat_activity" no query is locked.
I only obtain this error messages when i kill (i also try directly from bash with pgsql) with "ctrl+c" the locked insert:

ERROR:  canceling statement due to user request
CONTEXT:  while updating tuple (0,7) in relation "TABLE"
SQL statement "UPDATE TABLE SET FIELD=NOW() WHERE FIELD IS NULL"
PL/pgSQL function TRIGGER_NAME() line 3 at SQL statement

How can i see what is locking my table/tables?

Thank you!

>How can i see what is locking my table/tables?

The attached query will give you all the necessary info.

--
Melvin Davidson

Вложения