Re: Temporarily suspend a user account?

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: Temporarily suspend a user account?
Дата
Re: Temporarily suspend a user account?  (Michael Nolan <htfoot@gmail.com>)
Re: Temporarily suspend a user account?  (Jerry Sievers <gsievers19@comcast.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Possibly,
To disble:
ALTER USER name RENAME TO xname;
To enable
ALTER USER xname RENAME TO name;

???

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 3:57 PM, Felipe Gasper <felipe@felipegasper.com> wrote:
Hello,

        Is there a way to temporarily suspend a user account?

        I would prefer not to revoke login privileges since that will break things that mine pg_users and pg_shadow.

        I also am trying to find something that is completely reversible, so something like setting connection limit to 0, which would lose a potentially customized connection limit, doesn’t work.

        We do this in MySQL by reversing the password hash then running FLUSH PRIVILEGES; however, that doesn’t seem to work in PostgreSQL/pg_authid as some sort of cache prevents this from taking effect.

        Has anyone else solved this issue? Thank you!

-Felipe Gasper
Houston, TX