Re: Temporarily suspend a user account?

От Jerry Sievers
Тема Re: Temporarily suspend a user account?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Melvin Davidson <melvin6925@gmail.com> writes:

> Possibly,
>
> To disble:
> ALTER USER name RENAME TO xname;

Fine if you don't care about losing password :-)

yomamadb/postgres
=# create user foo password 'foowow';
CREATE ROLE
yomamadb/postgres
=# alter user foo rename to fooxxx;
NOTICE:  MD5 password cleared because of role rename   <<<---
ALTER ROLE
yomamadb/postgres
=#

> To enable
> ALTER USER xname RENAME TO name;
>
> ???
>
> On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 3:57 PM, Felipe Gasper <felipe@felipegasper.com> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>             Is there a way to temporarily suspend a user account?
>
>             I would prefer not to revoke login privileges since that will break things that mine pg_users and
pg_shadow.

>             I also am trying to find something that is completely reversible, so something like setting
connectionlimit to 0, which would lose a potentially customized
>     connection limit, doesn’t work.
>
>             We do this in MySQL by reversing the password hash then running FLUSH PRIVILEGES; however, that
doesn’tseem to work in PostgreSQL/pg_authid as some sort of

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting

От: David G Johnston
Сообщение: Re: Temporarily suspend a user account?
От: Felipe Gasper
Сообщение: Re: Temporarily suspend a user account?