Re: Sanitize schema name

От Dorian Hoxha
Тема Re: Sanitize schema name
Дата
Re: Sanitize schema name  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Список psycopg
He wants to dynamically pass the table name:

cursor.execute("SELECT * FROM %s", (table,)) # won't work

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 11:08 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 05/06/2015 01:56 PM, Ludovic Gasc wrote:
Hi,

I want to sanitize the name of the schema in a SQL query, because the
schema name depends on the client.

So you are talking about schema qualifying objects(tables, functions, etc) in a query, correct?

Using search_path does not work?

The issue is that I can't sanitize the name via the standard way of
psycopg2, because it adds quotes around schema name.

What is the standard way?
Not sure I understand what quotes have to do with it?

I imagine it's the same issue with a table name. Do you have a
suggestion to bypass that ?

Can you provide an code example of what you are trying to do?

For now, the most secure way I've found is to test the presence of the
schema before launch each query, but not really efficient.

Regards.
--
Ludovic Gasc (GMLudo)
http://www.gmludo.eu/